Level 3 Engineer is a technical leadership role for all technical issues in Service Assurance.
Responsible for managing highly complex technical issues involving multiple technologies including networking, security, WAN optimization, cloud computing, etc for large enterprise customers. Role will be responsible to provide work around for such cases and also work with the internal and external teams for permanent fix.
Responsible to support critical operational projects which involves complex customer network.
Role will be required to work in 24 x7 rotational shift or as required by the business.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform Installation, configuration and maintenance of network security equipment and relevant operating System.
- Responsible for network design and security particularly troubleshooting and/or debugging network related problems.
- Good Knowledge troubleshooting, problem identification, problem resolution and/or resolution recommendation activities to first- and second-level teams.
- Part of the Security L3 team, this role will have an expertise on the Central management systems, customer design and solutions related to Security.
- Receipt, evaluation, and implementation of inbound Network Access user and device provisioning/de-provisioning service requests.
- Assets risk measurement and Mitigation/Minimize risk
- Network security issue resolving approach
- Align & be in-sync with security governance team of client.
- Perform maintenance of the network authorization infrastructure as well as Security backup system.
- Maintains inventory of equipment and parts as well as documentation of vendor activates.
- Develop and documents systems standards for computer and network device. Responsible to guide L2 team to expedite the resolution for long pending and escalated cases and work with the peer groups (Incident Managers, Shift Leaders, etc) to manage the customer satisfaction.
- Responsible to liaise with the OEM TAC teams to effectively drive technical teams in the vendor organization to expedite the incident resolution to achieve the agreed SLAs with the customers.
- Responsible to support the incidents and maintenance on the GCX network Security and at colocations. Drive and support the concerned teams to update the Security design documents.
- Participate in planning, designing and implementation of major organizational projects. Responsible for vulnerability assessment, penetration testing and design reviews on both customer and internal company network.
- Responsible to participate in compliance call/drive by GCX clients to make their Network Secure.
- Responsible for the impact assessment of the major projects and internal and client planned events.
- Ensure compliance to the GCX work instructions and process to ensure service quality to customers. Handle escalations from customers and be a focal point to all service related technical queries.
- Individual will serve as the final technical escalation contact for all issues, incidents and escalation for all both customers and internal core for the Managed Services Service Assurance.
- Drive and meet all agreed SLA metrics as contracted by GCX and to minimize service impacts to customers within established cost parameters and act as point of contact for client and internal requests.
- Mentor the Level 2 engineers in troubleshooting and resolving complex issues. Responsible for identifying permanent fixes and workarounds for known errors and unresolved complex issues.
- Maintain & manage various internal company critical security devices along with SOC Team.
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
- Customer Satisfaction.
- Incident category-wise MTTR SLAs compliance.
- 100% adherence to the customer design standards, and the documentation compliance in case of changes.
- Major Service Outages and Severity 1 Incidents are restored within 30 minutes.
- Recurring incident progression updates every 30 minutes.
- 100% resolution of all escalated incidents with permanent fix or workaround.
CROSS FUNCTIONAL INTERFACE
- Assurance Manager, Service Manager, Problem Manager, Network Level 3 Team, Service Desk, Change Management, Implementation Engineers, Service Managers, TDA, CDA, CSL, TC
- Customers, Partners, OEMs, Vendor TAC Team
Qualification & Experience (E = Essential; D = Desirable)
Educational / Academic Qualification
- E = Graduation
- D = Must be Graduate in Engineering /Diploma/ Bachelor’s degree in Computer Information System or related field.
- D = Cisco CCNA/CCNP, Fortinet NSA/NSP, Checkpoint CCSA/CCSE, Juniper JNCIA-SEC, JNCIS-SEC, JNCIP-SEC, Meraki CNMO(ECMS1), Silver Peak – SPSP/SPSX, Riverbed – RCSA/RCSP
Experience (Min. years)
- Overall Experience = 8+ Years
- Relevant Core Technology Experience = 4+ Years
- Post Essential Certification = 2+ Years
- Extensive hands-on experience in conceptualizing, planning and design of security infrastructure and managed service solutions to support mission critical customer operations.
- Expertise on relevant standards, NGFW, UTM Firewalls, tools, industry trends, and enterprise managed VPN, WAN optimization, Security, Cloud Computing, SD-WAN technology and managed voice and video services.
- Must be customer oriented with excellent blend of technical knowledge, vendor equipment capabilities, Innovative solution design abilities, documentation skills, and SLA understanding are required.
- Must have good research skills, should be an out-of-box thinker and must have ability to envision services of the future over various platforms, including security, networking, AAN, cloud computing, SD-WAN, SIEM, Central Management Platforms, etc.
- Must have complex problem solving and analytical skills. Must have excellent interpersonal, communication (both verbal and written), documentation and presentation skills.
- Positive attitude and ability to work under extreme challenging situations. In the previous experience should have demonstrated ability to lead complex technical discussions with customers.
- Effective team player, ability to initiate and establish good relationships with internal partners Operations, Facilities, products / Solutions Engineering, and other Engineering team members
- Must be willing to relocate to DAKC or other locations if required and should be willing to travel.
- Should have the ability to work independently with minimal or no supervision
Technical/Functional Skills (E = Essential; D = Desirable)
- E = Excellent experience in supporting Firewall & SD-WAN solutions.
- E = Working experience in solution designing, implementation or break fix role in Network Security.
- E = Expert with Firewalls like Cisco, Checkpoint, Fortinet, Juniper & Palo Alto.
- E = Experience with SIEM monitoring tools and reporting tools
- E = Ability to analyze data and transfer into a reporting package with executive summary
Competency/Behavioral Skills (E = Essential; D = Desirable)
- E = Ability to learn new technologies quickly
- E = Excellent communication skills in both spoken and written english language.
- E = Ability to work under pressure
- E = Ability to work to tight deadlines and produce good quality work
- E = Able to multitask to manage multiple project workloads.
- E = Sense of ownership to see things through to completion
- E = Confident at presenting and talking to clients and vendors
- E = Willing and able to work shifts
- D = Ability to mentor and coach less experience staff
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org