We are looking for a talented individual for the position of Customer Solution Lead-Security. This technical leadership role will be responsible for ensuring:
- Developing and implementing security solutions for global customers of Global Cloud Xchange (GCX).
- Responsible for managing highly complex security design changes and security solution development involving multiple technologies including firewalling, web-proxy, SD-WAN, VPN (Virtual Private Network) gateways and IDP/IPS (Intrusion Detection system/ Intrusion Prevention System) etc. for large enterprise customers. Role will be responsible in supporting Incident Management team to help provide workarounds for high-customer-impacting cases and permanent fixes.
- Responsible for supporting critical operational projects which involve complex customer solutions and services.
Duties & Responsibilities
- This role will be the highest technical authority and will hold expertise in customer security solutions for enterprise customers.
- Individual owner of customer design and responsible for ensuring that the design is as per customer requirements and the design documentation is up to date.
- The role will have an expertise on the management systems, security infrastructure and customer design and solutions.
- Individual will be responsible to extend support for the resolution, internal and external communications and customer satisfaction, escalated incidents or installations.
- When engaged, responsible for guiding teams to expedite the resolution for long pending and escalated cases and work with peer groups (Incident Managers, Shift Leaders, etc.) to manage customer satisfaction.
- Participate in planning, designing and implementing major organizational projects. Responsible for vulnerability assessment, penetration testing and design reviews on both customer and core network.
- Responsible for security impact assessment for major projects, internal and provider planned events.
- Ensure compliance to GCX work instructions and process to ensure service quality to customers. Handle security design related escalations from customers and be a focal point to all technical queries.
- Individual will serve as the highest technical escalation contact for all security-related issues and incidents for both customers and internal GCX technical teams in Managed Services Service Assurance.
- Drive and meet all agreed Service Level Agreement (SLA) metrics as contracted by GCX and to minimize service impacts to customers within established cost parameters and act as point of contact for client and internal requests.
- Mentor and train Level 1 and Level 2 engineers in troubleshooting and resolving complex issues. Responsible for identifying permanent fixes and workarounds for known errors related to complex issues.
Key Performance Indicators
- Customer Satisfaction.
- Ensure customer documentation (Detailed Designed Document, Project Definition Document, Diagrams, Templates) are kept up to date.
- Hold Technical Reviews with customer on quarterly basis.
- 100% adherence to the customer design standards, and the documentation compliance in case of changes.
- Assist in design faults that have been escalation from Level 3 engineer and Problem Management.
- Participate in meetings with Project Managers and Change Managers and provide necessary support.
- Understanding customer requirements/expectations, solutions provided and other relevant information regarding the rollout of that customer.
- Taking ownership and accountability of the projects and Technical Consultant work (design-related changes) and executing pilot successfully.
Qualification & Experience (E = Essential; D = Desirable)
Educational / Academic Qualification
- E = B.E or B.Tech (in Computer Science or Information Technology or Electronics and Communication or Electrical Engineering)
- D = M.E. or M.Tech (in Computer Science or Information Technology or Electronics and Communication or Electrical Engineering)
Professional Certifications / Additional Qualification
- E = JNCIE-SEC, CCIE-SEC
- D = ITIL V3 Expert Certified, PCI, CISSP, CCSE, BCXCE, BCCE, Cisco ASA Specialist, Cisco IPS Specialist, Cisco VPN Security Specialist, CCIE SP Operations
Experience (Minimum years)
- Overall Experience – 8+ Years
- Relevant Core Technology Experience – 5+ Years
- Post Essential Certification – 2+ Years
- Extensive hands-on experience in a service provider environment in conceptualizing, planning and designing security infrastructure and managed service solutions to support mission critical customer operations.
- In-depth knowledge and hands on experience in designing, implementing and strong operating experience in the following areas:
- VPN Gateways
- IDS/IPS (Intrusion Detection system/ Intrusion Prevention System)
- Should be able to implement and support security solutions and troubleshoot the related issues.
- Perform changes, upgrades on Firewall OS and security hardware infrastructure for new requirements and maintenance, etc.
- Have good communication skills and proficient in taking calls from customers to discuss technical issues and new requirements and taking immediate corrective action to restore services when required.
- Driving resolution through third parties (if required) such as carriers and maintenance teams and escalating issues in accordance with established procedures.
- Must be customer oriented with excellent blend of technical knowledge, vendor equipment capabilities, Innovative solution design abilities, documentation skills, and SLA understanding are required.
- Must have good research skills, should be an out-of-box thinker and must have ability to envision services of the future over various platforms, including security and networking.
- Must have complex problem solving and analytical skills. Must have excellent interpersonal, communication (both verbal and written), documentation and presentation skills.
- Positive attitude and ability to work under extreme challenging situations.
- Effective team player, ability to initiate and establish good relationships with internal partners Operations, Facilities, Product / Solutions Engineering, and other Engineering team members.
- Should have the ability to work independently with minimal or no supervision.
- Working experience in solution designing, implementation or break/fix role in a security environment.
- Expert with Cisco, Juniper, Bluecoat, Checkpoint, Riverbed, Ipanema products and technologies.
- Ability to analyze data and transfer into a reporting package with executive summary.
Job Type: Full-time
Employment Type: Permanent
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org