This role is based in Germany, Frankfurt as part of the legal department and requires legal advising and conveying of law as well as creation of legal solutions of the Company with a focus on the representation of the Company in contract negotiations. The role is not subject to expert directions of the Company.
In this position, legal advice is given and it requires an instruction free independent legal analysis of legal issues. The analysis and evaluation of contracts is the primary focus. The position advises the company in legal matters and compiles independent legal advice in concrete legal questions. Part of the role is to develop, show and evaluate independently solutions and alternatives in consideration of the company specifics and to communicate such in the Company as well as to represent the Company with business partners and authorities.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Point of contact for legal matters in Germany including marketing, company law, export control and data protection
- Independent analysis and evaluation of contracts (e.g. customer, supplier and non-disclosure contracts).
- Legal support of human resource department in the above jurisdictions with support of external Counsel
- Give legal opinions (e.g. in respect to different legal positions regarding the interpretation of contracts)
- Legal Evaluate solution options and develop possible solutions for specific problems arising.
Shaping of law/legal position
- Represent the Company independently negotiating and evaluation of customer contracts
- Represent the Company independently negotiating and evaluation of supplier contracts
- Authorization of contracts with the four eyes principle for herself and other colleagues
- Coordination with the relevant project team
- Lead the coordination and decision process for the closing of the above contracts
- Execution of contracts and regular correspondence
- Coordination with the external counsel if needed
- Independent legal support in the development of Company products and services to comply with legal requirements
- Independently create and develop legal concepts, requirements and rules (like precedent agreements) for the sale of Company services, convey these to sales and enforce their implementation
- Compile legal risk analysis
- Training of employees to the extent necessary regarding current developments of law (liability, warranty dos and don’ts)
- Legal advice during contract negotiations
Skills and Experience
- At least 5 years of experience advising in company or a law firm
- Fluent negotiations English skills including legal English
- Confident appearance, resilient, flexible and good communications skills
- Knowledge of other legislation, such as France, Netherlands, Italy, UK, are an advantage
- Self-organised, self-motivated
- This position requires an experience fully qualified lawyer.
- Studied law in Germany and completion of second state exam. Additional international qualification
Job Type: Full-time
Employment Type: Permanent
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com